These Thanksgiving math and literacy activities are aligned with kindergarten Common Core Standards: turkeys, fall leaves, cornucopia, and typical Thanksgiving food are highlighted in engaging math and literacy activities with beautiful illustrations.
Kids love the Thanksgiving activities in this packet!
* adding and subtracting within 5 and following the coloring key to color a beautiful fall tree
* solving math sentences, adding in feathers, and learning different ways to make 10 so our turkeys each have 10 feathers
* counting by 5's to help our turkey escape to his home in the forest
* making a minibook and adding their own thumbprint turkeys, following the math terms of relative positions of objects
* counting by 10s the feathers on turkeys
* participating in a November election: voting on secret ballots and graphing our favorite Thanksgiving pies
* counting the different fall harvest fruits and vegetables that fell out of the cornucopia
* completing sentences about how they celebrate Thanksgiving
* reading and writing facts about turkeys
* sorting Thanksgiving-themed words by syllables
This packet proves that Common Core math and literacy can be FUN! Get into the Thanksgiving mood while working on skills and enjoying these activities.