Thanksgiving-themed math activities will be sure to grab your kindergartners' attention! These activities are common-core aligned and several are differentiated. Activities include:
1. Pilgrim Place Value Puzzles (mcck.nbt.1)-The students will match three puzzle pieces together to show a numeral (11-19), tens frame representation, and number of tens and number leftover. A recording sheet is included.
2. Turkey Tens Frames (mcck.nbt.1)-The students will use tens frames to represent a given number. Differentiate by giving students 11-19 or 20-30. A recording sheet is included.
3. I Have..., You Have... Place Value (mcck.nbt.1)-Differentiate by playing 11-19 or 11-29.
4. Build It (mcck.cc.4, mcck.nbt.1)-The students will use ten frames to represent a given number.
5, Clip It (mcck.cc.3, mcck.cc.4)-The students will count Thanksgiving items (11-20) and use a clothespin to mark the correct answer. A recording sheet included.
Alternative Activity: Place these cards around the room and use as a Count the Room activity.
6. Counting practice (mcck.cc.3)-Count and write numbers for 11-20.
7. More, Less, Equal (mcck.cc.6)-The students will count 2 groups of objects and circle if the first group is more, less, or equal to the second group. A recording sheet is included.
8. More, Less, Equal Part 2 (mcck.cc.6)-Students will be given a mat with a group of items. Students will use manipulatives to show a group that is more than, less than, and equal to the given group.
9. Greater or Less? (mcck.cc.7)-Students will circle the number that is greater or less than the other number. A recording sheet is included.
I hope these help your students! Happy Thanksgiving!