Need some time to bake pies and clean the house before your guests come or to pack before you travel to visit relatives? This Thanksgiving print and go bundle of literacy activities for elementary students has everything you need to make it through the last 3 days before Thanksgiving break (and you can use every year in the future, too).
While you're relaxing, your students will be reading, writing, and playing games. This elementary bundle has differentiated learning activities for a variety of levels of students. It includes:
* Interactive notebook craft (what you're eating, whom you are visiting, what you're thankful for)
* Simple, interactive notebook version of "Save the Turkeys" (You shouldn't eat turkey because . . .)
* Structured fill in the blank essay (when is Thanksgiving, what will you eat, where will you go, what activities will you do, etc.)
* More formal persuasive essay on why you shouldn't eat turkey
* 3 class games to practice the vocabulary (two games similar to Pictionary and Taboo and one game where students have a word taped on their back and they ask yes or no questions to figure out who or what they are)
* Speaking activity (they draw pictures to represent themselves on a turkey feather and then explain to a partner their likes and dislikes). Afterwards, all the feathers create a class turkey.
* Word search
* Caught being good turkey feather good behavior system
* Fortune teller, cootie catcher writing activity