Teach your 1st-3rd Grade students about the History of Thanksgiving and how the Turkey almost became one of our National Symbols with TWO COMPLETE lessons and a variety of engaging hands-on activities that foster Math and Literacy in Social Studies:
• Complete Thanksgiving History Lesson – all Nonfiction Informational Text included
• Reading Comprehension using Text Features (Multiple Choice and Short Answer)
• Original Thanksgiving Poetry + Questions to analyze Poem
• Language Skills (Inference and Drawing Conclusions)
• Thanksgiving Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve a Mystery Puzzle
• Rhyming Words Language and Writing Activity
• Thanksgiving Game: Tic-Tac-Toe
• National Symbols Lesson – the Bald Eagle + Informational Text Comprehension
• Find the Fib Game: Fact and Opinion Mini Research Activity
• Thanksgiving Math: THREE Facts to 5 Addition Worksheets (3 Levels of Difficulty)
In addition, students will make and play the FULL COLOR Math Game Match the Facts to practice Facts to 5 Addition (Perfect for a Thanksgiving Math Center – all game materials included!)
We've included color versions of the Thanksgiving lessons and poems for your White Board, black and white versions of the lessons and poems to make copies for your students, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level activities.
Download the Thanksgiving Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Common Core Standard alignment, Lesson Plans, as well as sample lessons and activities.
OUR OTHER HOLIDAY RESOURCES:
FREEBIE: BACK TO SCHOOL COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 1-3
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT GRADES 3-5
HALLOWEEN MATH AND LITERACY GRADES 3-5
WINTER HOLIDAY MATH AND LITERACY GRADES 3-5
CHRISTMAS COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 3-5
REINDEER COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 3-5
BLACK HISTORY COORDINATE GRAPHING BUNDLE GRADES 3-6
ABRAHAM LINCOLN COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 3-6
GEORGE WASHINGTON COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 3-6
FREEBIE: ST. PATRICK'S DAY COORDINATE GRAPHING GRADES 3-6
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING THANKSGIVING EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE ON FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2012-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.