Also included in
- Partner plays are engaging and effective in building reading fluency and comprehension. This huge bundle of 15 ORIGINAL partner plays includes before, during, and after reading activities to help your students with vocabulary, reading fluency, comprehension skills including story elements, questioni$36.00$45.00Save $9.00
- This Thanksgiving bundle includes two units. Tom's Lucky Day is a partner play perfect for the Thanksgiving season, and My Lucky Day Reading and Writing Book Companion, a paired mentor text for writing. You can simply print and go for lots of story telling fun.HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:This unit is b$5.50$7.50Save $2.00
Partner plays are great for building fluency and comprehension skills. Tom's Lucky Day is a Thanksgiving partner play for the middle grades about how a turkey tricks the farmer to save his life. The play includes before, during, and after reading activities for vocabulary, deeper comprehension, and additional fluency practice.
HOW TEACHERS CAN USE THIS PARTNER PLAY IN THE CLASSROOM:
The play is five pages in length and includes two voices. I recommend using this resource as a fluency center during your guided reading block or using it with your small groups. Each of my partner plays take about 3-4 days to complete because of the supplementary materials included, but teachers can pick and choose which activities work best for their students' needs.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PARTNER PLAY RESOURCE?
The partner play comes with the following activities and materials:
- 5 page Tom's Lucky Day Script
- Schema Builder about Planning a Thanksgiving Day Menu
- A vocabulary page (Using Context Clues) and word cards
- Questioning task cards (12 cards), and a Response Form
- Four Square Comprehension Page, and
- Thanksgiving Writing Extension (retelling or acrostic poem
MORE ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
Teachers can use the activities and play for paired reading during Read with Partner or the Guided Reading block. Students will practice finding text evidence to make comparisons, analyze character traits and development, and story elements.
As a supplement to this unit (or as a stand alone), you can also add in the unit, My Lucky Day Reading and Writing Unit to address comprehension and writing skills featuring the Six Writing Traits (voice and word choice) with the link below:
OTHER PARTNER PLAYS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- The Great Pumpkin Heist
- The Stubborn Reindeer
- Rockin' the Rock Cycle
- The Mystery of the Lost Mitten
- The Farmer and the Scarecrow
- Penguins on Parade
- Let's Learn about Veteran's Day
- Frosty's Magical Appearance
- Shiver Me Timbers! The Ocean's the Place for Me
- Something Sharkie This Way Comes
- Tom's Lucky Day
- The Gift of Reading
- The Missing Cookie Mystery
OR....you can get them all at a great savings with the bundle:
TEACHERS LIKE YOU HAVE SAID ABOUT MY PARTNER PLAYS:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Adela Z. says, "This was super cute. My students enjoyed playing the each character. "
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Mrs O Knows (TpT Seller) says, "I'm thrilled to have another wonderful set of your engaging partner scripts! With all of the activities that are included, they really are the best ones out there. Please keep them coming! :-)"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Read With Me ABC (TpT Seller) says, "My students will be so excited to read this script together. I appreciate the meaningful activities you've provided to go with it. :)"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Burke's Special Kids (TpT Seller) says, "This is fantastic! I love how the script is in different fonts/weights to make it easier to see each reader's part. Thank you so much. I can't wait to use this, and since it is partner's that means more reading for each person, a win-win!"
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.