Enjoy this packet for the Thanksgiving season! Practice or introduce the parts of speech (nouns, verbs, and adjectives) while playing “I have… Who has...?” with a Thanksgiving theme! This is a fun game for the whole class to play together, but can be played with smaller groups as well. Follow up with a sorting game – students race to see who can sort the fastest! And for extension, students create their own Thanksgiving-themed sorting game for their classmates to try! Then, finish your unit off with Thanksgiving sentence-writing for reminders of all the things we have to be thankful for.
Included in the packet are:
1. Directions for three different games (see the preview above for the directions)
2. 30 Thanksgiving-themed playing cards for “I have… Who has…?”
3. 3 sorting strips and 30 cards for a sorting game
4. 1 page of blank sorting cards (decorated with turkeys and cornucopias) for the extension activity
5. Three different Thanksgiving-themed sentence templates decorated with turkeys, cornucopias or pilgrams.
This set is aligned with the common core standards but is also great for many levels of ESL.
I have many other “I have… Who has…” games, for inference practice, synonyms and antonyms, and grammar. Click the link below to take a look!
I have… Who has…? Games
All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours they’re listed! Click “follow me” and receive an email each time a new product is added to my store!