Literacy and Music go together! Reading, Writing and Drama with Music are excellent ways to include all students while developing their speaking and reading skills. This Readers Theater or Play is about the Native Americans and the Pilgrims becoming friends.
• Small and Large Font Scripts.
Equal parts for Native Americans and Pilgrims using materials from authentic
• Native American folk tales and stories.
11 Songs and Poems on Color and Black and White Posters
• Songs are set to familiar tunes.
• Writing Activities: Mini-Book, Tree Map, Venn Diagram to Compare and Contrast the Pilgrims and the Native Americans.
20 speaking parts that could be shared and/or divided to create less or more as you need for your class.
• Kindergarten-They will need help reading the lines-but can memorize them.
• First Grade-Some students might need help reading them but can memorize them.
• Second and Third graders should be able to read the lines and memorize.
• This play would make a nice musical program.
It takes about 15-20 minutes to do the whole play.
It includes some authentic Native American poems and stories so that the Pilgrims and Native Americans are both represented equally.
Try assigning half of your class the Native American parts and the other half the Pilgrim parts. Use the Head bands, or puppets for a presentation. Give the mini-books to the guests as a gift.
List of Poems and Songs
• “Legend of Day and Night” POEM by all children. Girls and Boys.
• THE PILGRIMS
• (to the tune of “London Bridges Falling Down”)
• Sing a Song of Six Pence (incorporate hand actions)
• Patty Cake (Speech Piece) Students turn to neighbor and play the patting game. Clap-Pat, Clap-Pat)
• Peas Porridge Hot (Pretend to stir a pot of porridge. On Hot and Cold point in the air)
• Ring Around the Rosies –Ask a group of students to demonstrate the game.
• THE PILGRIM SONG (to the tune of “All Around the Mulberry Bush”)
• Story of the Three Sisters (to the tune of “Are You Sleeping?”
• Peace Treaty
• I AM THANKFUL (Mary Had a Little Lamb)
More Songs, Poems, Fingerplays and Readers Theaters
Songs, Poems, Readers Theater Resources
Sing Play Create LLC Store Info:
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC.
For questions about content, other resources and copying, please use the “ASK A QUESTION” section.
Want a Freebie every month? Click on the Star under my store name and FOLLOW ME.
Want to get Free store Credits? Go to “my purchases” and click on “Provide Feedback”.
Follow Me here for Freebies and Sales
SING PLAY CREATE YOUTUBE
SING PLAY CREATE WEBSITE
SING PLAY CREATE FACEBOOK
SING PLAY CREATE INSTAGRAM
Thanks for stopping by!