- If you are looking for quick and easy activities that you can use in November to keep your middle and high school students on task and engaged, then look no more! Every lesson, designed to add rigor and meaning to Thanksgiving, is standards-based, classroom-tested, rigorous, and grade level appropr$5.99$6.98Save $0.99
- Product Description
This poetry and info text paired lesson for Thanksgiving is designed to spark a deep discussion and analysis of poetry with your high school students. With an easy-to-prep format for you, and standards-based, text-based activities for students
Student Experience: Students will explore the idea of entitlement v. gratitude as they dig deeply into the layers of this beautiful poem. The subtle ironic tone of this lesson will challenge your students to reflect on their own lives and choices. Its ultimate goal is for students to be able to delineate how theme develops and how two different texts can share the same theme. With the modern video “lecture talk” as one of the texts, students will be able to make connections and see relevancy to their world as well. Last, students will get creative, and finally, write a paragraph in response to one of the prompts you select.
- formal lesson plan
- guided ppt for instruction
- suggestions for multiple prompts
- worksheets for analysis/synthesis of the two texts
- links to texts
- project extensions ideas and additional texts
- 100% editable
- classroom annotations and suggested answers
How form relates to meaning
Classroom success stories from other teachers who have tried this resource:
♥ "I used this right before Thanksgiving, but I love that I can adapt the lesson to use any time of the year."
♥ "Thanks. Great lesson!! Great message!!"
♥ "Great activity for my Honors students that fit perfectly into our Poetry Unit around Thanksgiving. Students enjoyed exploring the idea of entitlement and really reflected on their own lives and choices."
To read a blog post with more images of this lesson visit my blog @ @ Faulkner's Fast Five
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration:
Original Cover Photo by Julie Faulkner