Also included in
- November is the month to remember to be Thankful. This November Mini Unit will spice up your November ELA and Writing with students making a Thankful Book and Poem, Word Family Turkey, Turkey art and various other projects surrounded with the theme of being Thankful. This unit is fully differentiatePrice $9.00Original Price $10.00Save $1.00
- This Fall Bundle is a time saver for any 1st Grade teacher. It includes activities for Fall, Thanksgiving, November, and has numerous lessons on the importance of being thankful. Why not teach fun activities while still following the standards! This bundle includes step by step lesson plans, art actPrice $14.60Original Price $18.25Save $3.65
It is time to do some Thanksgiving Poetry. Our students are getting restless and this is a great time to learn about a few types of poetry and then let the students try it out. Then while you are there, turn it into an art project and hang it up or let them recite their poems for the parents at a Thanksgiving feast or a Thanksgiving virtual video.
This unit is available for printable or digital for those of you not in the classroom.
- Lessons Plans for Poetry
- 4 Types of Poems (Acrostic, Haiku, Cinquain, Ballad)
- Poem Templates (Digital and Printable)
- Art Project Idea Extensions
- Sample Poems
- Differentiated Poetry Ideas
You will teach your students about a specific type of poem. Make a sample one as a class or use the one included. Then the students will try it out for themselves. Then make a final draft. Finally, make it into a fun art activity to hang on the wall or use at a feast.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey