Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year with READ ALOUD STEM Volume One! Everything you need to be the Master STEM Teacher at your school! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engineering, explore real world problems, learn about STEM role models, pioneer$100.00$158.00Save $58.00
Includes TpT Digital version for Google Classroom remote learning.
Have your best Thanksgiving ever with Thanksgiving Read Aloud STEM Challenges!
Includes 5 Thanksgiving Activities and lessons as amazing companion activities to our favorite Thanksgiving Read Aloud Books:
- Balloons Over Broadway by Melissa Sweet
- The Great Turkey Race by Steve Metzger
- Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey
- Leaf Man by Lois Elhert.
- Turkey Trouble by Wendi J. Silvano
Create a leaf animal. Build a Turkey obstacle course. Hide a turkey. Have a classroom Thanksgiving Parade! Your students will love this STEM bundle!
The Engineering Design Process:
Students follow the six step Engineering Design Process: Ask, Imagine, Plan, Create, Experiment, Improve. They plan, design, and execute their own ideas. After they have completed their activity, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
Each Activity Includes:
- Teacher Instructions (With Example Photo)
- Student Instructions
- STEM Journal
- Student Planning and Reflection Pages
- Writing Extension Activity
- TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom
To use Easel for Distance Learning, select "Open in Easel" on each individual product listing. Works with computers, laptops, chromebooks, ipads, and tablets.
ALIGNS TO NGSS
K-2-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how
the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given
K-2-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.
3-LS1-1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
4-LS1–1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
Construct an argument that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction.
3-5-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Generate and compare multiple solutions to a problem based on
how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the
3-5-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.