Thanksgiving Readers' Theater: Are you looking for something fun to do for Reading during the week of Thanksgiving? This set of three Readers' Theaters scripts will certainly spice things up!
This BUNDLE contains three separate Readers' Theater scripts:
1. A Wishbone that Works- Becky’s family is getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Becky and her older brother, Garrett, are dreading the arrival of their 4-year-old cousin, Parker. As usual, Parker is difficult to deal with and usually gets what she wants. Things abruptly change, though, when it’s time to break the wishbone.
2. Dalton’s Never-Ending Thanksgiving Feast- Dalton’s family has to attend three Thanksgiving dinners because they have three sets of grandparents. Dalton’s parents and sister warn him not to eat too much at the first visit, but Dalton doesn’t heed their advice. By the end of Thanks-giving evening, Dalton is feeling miserable because he ate too much.
3. Peppy’s Adventure- In this fantasy script, Peppy is a turkey who has decided to leave the woods and see the world. His mother, sister, and friends try to convince him to stay, but Peppy has made up his mind. Some of his assumptions about the world may be incorrect, but he’s ready to explore!
This bundle also contains several "extras"!
1. A Monday through Wednesday SYNOPSIS of the LESSON PLANS I write as my class prepares to perform these Readers' Theater scripts.
2. A SUMMARY of each script
3. A PAGE about PARTS (how many parts each script contains, and how I would divide the parts if I need more than 25 parts)
Check the preview to check out the readability and to determine if it is appropriate for your students. (I wrote the scripts with my fourth and fifth grade students in mind.)
This set is also part of a BUNDLE. If you like to do Readers' Theaters throughout the school year, you might want to check this out! Readers’ Theater BUNDLE (scripts to use throughout the year)
Also, I created a 34-minute video where I explain why, when, and how I like to use readers' theaters in an upper elementary classroom. Click on the following link to check it out: Performing Readers' Theater in the Classroom: Video
Feel free to take a peek at my other November craftivities, as well!
Thanksgiving Main Idea Turkey Craftivity
Autumn Synonym Sentence Craftivity
Scarecrow Fact and Opinion Craftivity
Nuts about Nonfiction: An Autumn Book Report/Craftivity
By Deb Hanson 2014
Visit my blog! www.crafting-connections.blogspot.com
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!