Also included in
- Do your students enjoy doing Readers' Theaters as much as my students do? If so, you might want to check out my bundle of original scripts. Four of the scripts are related to language skills (synonyms, antonyms, multiple meaning words, and homophones), one set of scripts includes a plot identificati$34.00$64.20Save $30.20
Are you looking for something fun to do for Reading during the week of Thanksgiving? This set of three Readers' Theaters scripts will certainly spice things up!
This BUNDLE contains three separate Readers' Theater scripts:
1. A Wishbone that Works- Becky’s family is getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Becky and her older brother, Garrett, are dreading the arrival of their 4-year-old cousin, Parker. As usual, Parker is difficult to deal with and usually gets what she wants. Things abruptly change, though, when it’s time to break the wishbone.
2. Dalton’s Never-Ending Thanksgiving Feast- Dalton’s family has to attend three Thanksgiving dinners because they have three sets of grandparents. Dalton’s parents and sister warn him not to eat too much at the first visit, but Dalton doesn’t heed their advice. By the end of Thanks-giving evening, Dalton is feeling miserable because he ate too much.
3. Peppy’s Adventure- In this fantasy script, Peppy is a turkey who has decided to leave the woods and see the world. His mother, sister, and friends try to convince him to stay, but Peppy has made up his mind. Some of his assumptions about the world may be incorrect, but he’s ready to explore!
********These scripts are available in TWO FORMATS:
1. TRADITIONAL PRINTABLES- Print each PDF and make paper copies. Distribute the scripts and your students will read from these paper copies.
2. GOOGLE SLIDES ACTIVITY- With this format, students can read their script from a device.
This bundle also contains several "extras"!
1. A Monday through Wednesday SYNOPSIS of the LESSON PLANS I write as my class prepares to perform these Readers' Theater scripts.
2. A SUMMARY of each script
3. TWO PAGES about PARTS (how many parts each character has, and how I would divide the parts if I needed more than 25 parts)
Check the preview to check out the readability and to determine if it is appropriate for your students. (I wrote the scripts with my fourth and fifth grade students in mind.)
This set is also part of a BUNDLE. If you like to do Readers' Theaters throughout the school year, you might want to check this out! Readers’ Theater BUNDLE (scripts to use throughout the year)
Also, I created a 34-minute video where I explain why, when, and how I like to use readers' theaters in an upper elementary classroom. Click on the following link to check it out: Performing Readers' Theater in the Classroom: Video.
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!