This 20-page product is packed with thought-provoking questions and the ability to use multiple reading skills.
This product will have your students comprehending a non-fiction article, reviewing citations and using the citations in their answers. In addition, they will also ponder over what is important to them in their lives, what they are grateful for, what they wish for in the future, what they hope for, and how they feel about their life/family/world.
In the end, the students will all an adorable colored turkey that shows evidence of the article, as well as their thinking!
This product includes:
1. A thorough, detailed COMMON CORE lesson plan with Common Core Standards
2. Reviewing How to Properly Cite Text
3. Non-Fiction Article, “Stores Opening on Thanksgiving is Something Not to be Grateful for”
4. Two Worksheets-Reading Comprehension Questions & Personal Response Sheet
5. Two Turkey Templates for Answers
Your students will find this to be engaging, while practicing their essential reading skills!