Also included in
- Engage your students in the fall months of September, October and November with our Autumn and Fall ELA resources. This bundle includes interactive reading comprehension scavenger hunt puzzles for both Fall and Thanksgiving, as well as daily writing prompts for the fall months in paper-based AND dig$14.00$21.00Save $7.00
- Let us save you time this Thanksgiving Day with our Thanksgiving bundle: a bundle of fantastic Thanksgiving literacy resources featuring Reading, Writing, and other activities! Great for your guided reading program.This BUNDLE includes the following resources:⭐️Thanksgiving Day Close Reading Passages$14.00$21.50Save $7.50
- Engage your students during the seasons of Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer and the many events that take place during those seasons with our reading comprehension scavenger hunt puzzle and response sheets MEGA BUNDLE! Perfect for reading comprehension, your students will learn about each season and$39.99$62.49Save $22.50
Engage your students in the celebration of Thanksgiving Day this November with our interactive scavenger hunt puzzles and response sheets! Great for reading comprehension, your students will learn about the first Thanksgiving, the history of Thanksgiving, the significance of both food and football during Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and more! The completed puzzle posters will brighten your classroom walls or bulletin boards.
This activity is great for individuals, pairs or as a small group activity. Engage your students' artistic flair with the wide range of activities provided in this resource.
The purpose of this resource is to provide an interactive and engaging way to learn about Thanksgiving and the traditions and history surrounding this event. This activity involves reading comprehension strategies such as cloze reading (using context clues), visualizing, organizing information, and finding specific details.
As students read the fact cards, they have to hunt for information. This information-seeking process will involve reading and re-reading of the clue cards. The activity, therefore, mirrors the close reading skills you will be teaching your students throughout the year.
The students then synthesize their knowledge and understanding using the Thanksgiving Day puzzle poster activity.
In this pack you will receive TWO puzzle posters - a turkey and a pilgrim hat:
⭐️Twelve Fall Fact Cards:
- The first Thanksgiving Part One
- The first Thanksgiving Part Two
- The history of Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving in other countries
- Thanksgiving date
- Thanksgiving Day symbols
- Thanksgiving Day food
- Thanksgiving Day football
- Annual Macy's parade
- Black Friday
- Thanksgiving Day facts
⭐️Turkey puzzle - 15 puzzle pieces with a range of artistic and writing activities
⭐️Pilgrim puzzle - 15 puzzle pieces with a range of artistic and writing activities
These puzzles come in two sizes. Choose the size that fits your purpose!
***When you download this resource, it comes with US English spellings (e.g. color) and printing sizes.***
You May Also Like:
We really appreciate your feedback! If you enjoy this resource, don't forget to leave feedback so you receive credit and other teachers can find it too!
If you're interested in upcoming Top Teaching Tasks resources, click on the green star to follow!
Stay in touch