These paired passages include a fiction and nonfiction passage based on a mystery surrounding a Thanksgiving theme. With the push for more rigor and changes in state testing, students are expected to read, comprehend, and respond to paired passages. Pick and choose what activities your students need the most. You could use them all over the course of a week and allow the passage to serve as close reading material. They are also PERFECT for small group instruction, strategy groups, and centers. These can be used for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.
- 1 Fiction passage
- 1 Non fiction passage
- 10 Multiple choice comprehension questions
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Summary organizers
- Vocabulary organizers
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational writing
- Making Inferences Task
- Pacing Guide
See the preview for samples of each item included.
If you own the Paired Passages Holiday Bundle
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Check out my other holiday products:
Addition and Subtraction Word Problem Sort
Multiplication and Division Word Problem Sort
Fall Bar Graph and Pictograph
Adjectives Thanksgiving Themed
Paired Passage for Christmas
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!