Build comprehension using these 6 nonfiction short passages with Thanksgiving holiday themes, each featuring informational text and 4 multiple-choice questions on one page. Paragraph topics include Pilgrim life, the Mayflower trip, Thanksgiving traditions, the Macy's Parade, and more. The questions cover a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. Great for November reading!
Readability is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders will need more teacher support with decoding and vocabulary. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
CLICK HERE to get THIS RESOURCE as part of a money-saving BUNDLE of 180 passages!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• Growing Up Pilgrim informational text and questions (1 page)
• Mayflower Mania informational text and questions (1 page)
• Parade Perfection informational text and questions (1 page)
• Pilgrim Playtime informational text and questions (1 page)
• Thanksgiving Throwback informational text and questions (1 page)
• Turkey Day Traditions informational text and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
These passages have fun titles! As an added critical thinking BONUS, have students explain why they think the title of each reading passage was chosen.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► These Thanksgiving Reading Passages
are longer versions of 4 of these mini-passages.
► Check out engaging Reading Passages
both long and short.
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!