This bundled set of games contains 10 PowerPoints that each practice a different rhythmic element.
In the game, the class as a whole team or as small teams, will choose turkeys from the main slide. Behind each turkey is either a rhythm or a Thanksgiving Dinner item. If they pick a turkey that is hiding a dinner item, they earn that food for their team. If they pick a turkey hiding a rhythm, they must read the rhythm. Included are food tally cards and directions for play.
The ten games included focus on:
1. quarter-two eighth (ta ti-ti, etc)
2. quarter rest
3. halfnote (ta-a, ta-o, etc.)
4. four sixteenth notes (tika-tika, tiri-tiri, etc)
5. eighth-two sixteenth (ti-tika, ti-tiri, etc)
6. two sixteenth-eighth (tika-ti, tiri-ti, etc)
7. eighth-quarter-eighth (syncopa, ti-ta-ti, etc)
8. dotted quarter-eighth (tom-ti, tam-ti, etc.)
9. eighth-dotted quarter (ti-tom, ti-tam, etc)
10. dotted eighth-sixteenth (tim-ka, etc.)
If you like this item, you might also enjoy:
Thanksgiving Dinner Beat Strips & Composition for Rhythm Practice
Please check back for more Thanksgiving files that will be posted in the next few weeks.
Your feedback is very important to me and you can receive TpT credit by doing so! Please follow my store for monthly freebies!
Additionally, you can find more teaching ideas on my blog:
Music a la Abbott
Thanks so much for visiting my store! :)