Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Super-charge your STEM class with 52 high-engagement, critical thinking, problem-solving, NGSS-aligned challenges to take you through the entire year! Modifications are included to make these activities engaging and challenging for students in grades 2 - 8. The basic premise: Students work in partnePrice $95.00Original Price $186.36Save $91.36
These Thanksgiving STEM activities will keep your students engaged right up until the break as they design and build devices to help the Wampanoag and/or Pilgrims meet their needs for transportation, shelter, food, and more.
Modification suggestions are included to make these challenges engaging and productive for students in grades 2 - 8.
This bundle includes five Thanksgiving activities at a great discount!
Note: Though the Pumpkin Picker and Corn Cultivator challenges could be interchanged, the recommended order is based on the following story line:
- Water transportation (Mini Mayflower / Mini Mishoon)
- Build shelter for Pilgrims and/or the Wampanoag (Protect the People)
- With shelter secure, it's time to gather food (Pumpkin Picker)
- Better to plan for food with agriculture! (Corn Cultivator)
- With food & shelter in place, there is time for fun (Turkey Transporter)
Note: This is the printable version, though the editable version of the student handouts can be uploaded to Google Slides™. However, if you are in a 1:1 / paperless classroom, you may prefer the digital option designed specifically for use with GOOGLE SLIDES™.
If you have questions about which version is right for you, please feel free to leave me a question using the product Q&A below.
The Thanksgiving STEM Activities Bundle Includes:
Overall STEM Tips
- Suggestions on timing and whether or not to treat these challenges as competitions
- What to say (and what not to say) during STEM Challenges
- 5-event Thanksgiving STEM Activities Data Tracker handout
Plus, each Thanksgiving STEM Challenge comes with:
- NGSS aligned standards, Grades 2 – 8
- Teacher Tips
- Links to STEM Challenge How-to Videos
- Links to individual challenge walk-throughs
- Materials and timing
- Criteria & Constraints (including modifications to increase difficulty for older students)
- Measuring results
- Post-design extension activities list
- Universal STEM Challenge Tips/how to use the handouts
- Student Handouts in Color and Black & White
- Criteria and Constraints List
- Results and Design Analysis
- Discussion Questions
- Extension templates
- Process Flow Map
- Math Extension
- Plus, other design-specific handouts (see each individual challenge resource description page for more details)
The preview shows an overview of what is included in each challenge. Please use the Q/A tabe to contact me with any questions.
Materials you’ll need to do the activity are easily modified. Materials lists can be found in the product descriptions for each individual challenge linked above or by clicking through on its page in the downloadable preview.
What are teachers saying about the Thanksgiving STEM Activities Bundle?
"This is an extremely well-thought out unit that incorporates math, science and even reading. This was worth every dime spent-thanks!"
“Excellent resource. Activities are challenging and engaging.”
“WOW! Loved using this resource! The kids loved the activities! I was so surprised by all the information and activities you provided at such a great price. Thank you!!”
“My students and I loved these STEM activities. They really challenged the students to think deep!! Thank you!”
“Amazing STEM activities that my fourth graders absolutely loved!”
"So fun and engaging! No lame duck days here this year!"
“Very detailed explanations using everyday items for holiday stem activities.”
“So much fun! It really got the students thinking outside the box!I used these lessons for the first time last year. I can't wait to use them again this year!”
“Fabulous resource full of wonderful activities!”
You might also like these resources: