Help the Indians find their Teepee!
Oh no! The Indians need help finding their Teepees! Help them find the way by sorting the short vowels in the right teepees!
1. Lay out the short vowel teepees in a row.
2. Put the Indians with the cvc cards face down in a pile.
3. Students take turns flipping a cvc short vowel Indian card.
4. Look at the picture, read the word and find the missing short vowel sound. (I laminate mine so that students can fill in the missing vowel with an Expo marker on the card!) Place the card with the correct short vowel teepee (example: fan goes with the short a teepee).
Repeat steps 1-4 until all the cards have been sorted.
Record your words onto the recording sheet.
After students finish playing, they can complete the writing sheet. (Great to use as an early finisher!)
1. Pick a short vowel word from the game and write it on the Tepee on the writing worksheet.
2.Write a complete sentence with your favorite short vowel word that you picked.
3. Circle the short vowel word in your sentence.
(CHALLENGE: underline all the nouns in your sentence)
4. Illustrate your sentence,
5. Share your short vowel word, sentence, and illustration with your group.
This is a FUN and ENGAGING way to review short vowels with your students! Great for groups/stations/centers!
*5 Short Vowel Teepee sorting mats
*30 Indian cards with short vowel pictures (6 cards for each vowel)
*Short vowel writing worksheet
*Short vowel writing checklist/directions