Do you need a one day SEL activity the day before Thanksgiving in Spanish class to practice gratitude? Or a follow-up to your Thankful Turkey in Spanish class? This Spanish class Thanksgiving writing prompt would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3 or middle school Spanish the week before Thanksgiving.
This gratitude writing prompt in Spanish could be used as a mini writing assessment. There are 3 levels, each with a BASIC proficiency rubric included. It uses the phrase "I give thanks for" or "Doy gracias por" as a starting point to write about what a student is thankful for.
Presentational writing for Spanish class.
Option 1 - range from novice low to intermediate low.
Option 2 - range from novice mid to intermediate mid.
Option 3 - range from novice high to intermediate high.
Are you struggling with what to do before Thanksgiving break when everyone is DONE? The perfect one day activity the day before Thanksgiving break in Spanish class. This works as a great extension after making a Thankful Turkey bulletin board as well. Practice gratitude in Spanish class for SEL.
What other teachers say about this writing prompt
- A neat little activity for Thanksgiving. Well worth it. - Anjanasri
- I have a level 1 class that's basically all native speakers with a handful of truly novice low speakers. I appreciate that I could give them all the same activity and just expect more or less out of each student. I could easily do this with all writing activities. Thanks! - Brittnee
- Es muy importante enseñar a dar agradecimiento a nuestros estudiantes. Excelente recurso. - Profesora Medina
- Easy, no-prep activity for those days leading up to Thanksgiving! Opened up some good discussion! - Profe panadera
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Presentational Communication - Learners present information, concepts, and ideas to inform, explain, persuade, and narrate on a variety of topics.
Other Fall/Winter resources you might be interested in
- Future Find Someone Who - Este descanso - use the day before break
- Find Someone Who - Holiday Break (past tense). - use the day after break
- Winter Holidays BUNDLE Navidad, Los Reyes, Winter Break Chat
Have difficulty with a file?
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
become a follower of my store!
For more information on how to use this resource, check out my blog.
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.