Two delicious open-ended Thanksgiving or Christmas speech and language activities to teach holiday food vocabulary or any other skill. These adorable games can be used in multiple ways, plus you get 5 different language Quick Lists to individualize for your students.
I am so very thankful for all of my sweet followers here and on my blog, so I am posting this fun little freebie to say thank you! (Love my peeps!) Please leave feedback after downloading, so I can see who's stopped by. I'm feeling the warm fuzzies!
I created two games for you because I love having versatile activities that can be used with a wide range of students. These activities work for PK-4th grade because you can individualize each student's goals. Super easy sessions!
How to play:
➤Don’t Eat Tom!
1. One student turns around or leaves the room.
2. The other students choose a character on the board to be Tom.
3. Put a small candy, other food or token on each character.
(I suggest popcorn or cereal if candy in a no-no! Alternately, for a non-food game, the children may collect bingo chips, small fun erasers or other tokens)
4. The first student then names the picture, says their word or answers a question. (The numbers on the squares correspond to the quick list questions, or can be the number of repetitions required of a student’s articulation words.)
5. The student then eats each piece of food, or collects each token until Tom is reached and the group shouts “Don’t eat Tom!”
(The goal is to eat as many treats or collect as many tokens as possible before reaching Tom!)
This game can be used as a matching activity, Memory, Go Fish or a Collect Your Dinner Game.
What are Quick Lists?
Quick Lists are handy little lists that are magic for mixed groups all year. The small size (under 2" square) allows you to quickly and easily individualize any activity for each and every student. Choose the perfect Quick List for each student, cut it out and paste it on your favorite printable activity.
Quick lists are also terrific for baselining and progress monitoring. Each list has six words or questions.
Why are there 6 words/questions per Quick List?
You may provide instruction to establish the skill on the first stimulus item. Now you are ready to take data on the remaining 5 items, making it easy to get a percentage. Need more than 6 stimulus items? Just use 2 Quick Lists for your target! Complete the first quick list, then add another one on top.
Additional quick lists that work perfectly with this set are available for articulation and year-round language targets in my store here:
Mixed Group Magic All-Year Quick List Bundle
Quick Lists are designed to go perfectly with my themed Mixed Group Magic Activity Packs
which have all the fun activity sheets you could use for an entire month or more! My Activity Packs also come with additional themed Yes/No and WH question Quick Lists found only in that pack... no duplicate lists!
➤SKILLS TARGETED IN THIS PACK:
• Thanksgiving food vocabulary
• name to a description
• answering which? questions
• simple present tense verbs
• articulation of final s-blends
4 Useable pages
• Don’t Eat Tom! gameboard
• Dinner Time! Matching gameboard
• 9 matching food cards
• 5 Different Quick Lists of six target questions each for a total of 30 questions. There are 4 copies of each Quick List.
• Name a food that is___. (roasted, crunchy)
• Describe the food.
• Name the category members (desserts, dairy)
• Which do you ___? (Name a food that matches the verb...bake, slice)
• Use the words in a sentence. (She likes, he cuts) (verb and s-blend practice)
Glue your Quick Lists on the box found on the activity sheet.
Click HERE to see all my Mixed Group Magic themed activity packs:
• Back to School
• FREE Five Little Monkeys
❤More fun, themed packs with hands-on activities your students will love!
Autumn Picture Story Sequencing
Snowman at Night Speech Therapy Book Companion
Basic Concept Cowboys: Quantity, Position & Sequence
★★★Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom or therapy room so I can create more for you. ☺