Thanksgiving - Thanksgiving Unit for 1st & 2nd Grade - Thanksgiving Activities
What educators are saying
Your students will love learning all about Thanksgiving with this unit stuffed full of fun Thanksgiving activities! This unit includes 8 days worth of Thanksgiving activities addressing a variety of reading and writing standards. Each lesson includes two differentiated versions of the text passage and text based questions to allow for easy differentiation and access to all students.
This All About Thanksgiving unit includes 16 close reading passages (2 differentiated passages for each topic below) with corresponding text evidence questions, and a reading, writing, or math activity to accompany each reading passage as well as a sequencing guide and teacher directions.
Here’s a peek at all the Thanksgiving activities included in this unit:
✅ 8 Thanksgiving unit lessons:
- Meet The Pilgrims
- A Long Voyage
- Discovering Plymouth
- Meet The Wampanoags
- Samoset & Squanto
- Sam and Sarah
- The First Thanksgiving
- Thankful Hearts
✅ Differentiated reading passages in two levels for each lesson
✅ Vocabulary cards & 2 choices for students vocabulary dictionaries
✅ Thanksgiving reading, writing, or math activities for each passage:
- 3D Mayflower voyage map craft
- Response to Text Citing Evidence
- Problem Solution Writing Template
- Opinion Writing Template
- Proper Noun Animal Scavenger Hunt
- Squanto's snack & Informational Writing Template
- Compare & Contrast Venn Diagram Options (Pilgrim Children & Children Today)
- Friendly Letter Writing Template
- We Are Thankful Writing Template where students write from the perspective of the Pilgrims + Craft
- Thankful Hearts Noun Craft
This Thanksgiving unit is...
- Standards based - Interdisciplinary approach to learning about Thanksgiving. Covers many standards in an engaging way! (CCSS Standards addressed: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.R.1, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.R.2, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.R.3, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1.8)
- Access to Content - Nonfiction student text provided, practice with finding text evidence
- Time-saving and easy to use - activities are planned out, directions for teacher are included. Print & go!
© Stephanie Stewart - Falling Into First