Thanksgiving - The Pilgrims and the Mayflower. Included in this unit is a short book and five activities to go with the book. The book is easy to assemble and 8 pages long. It is called The Pilgrims and The Mayflower. It gives a brief overview of how the Pilgrims came to America on the Mayflower. It is written very simply and in black and white so the kids can color it. There are five activities to go with this book:
* The first activity is a mobile that asks the kids to identify 3 details from the story and write or draw them into the clouds that hang from the Mayflower.
* The next activity is a Text to Self activity that asks kids to think about what they would take if they were going on the Mayflower. They can draw or write or both only 3 things they would take and why.
* The next activity is a double sided booklet that asks kids what they are thankful for. There is room to draw and write a response.
* The next activity is a Mayflower Pop Out book. This is made from construction paper and when opened the Mayflower, 2 Pilgrims and 2 Indians pop out. There is also 3 scrolls where the kids as asked to identify details from the story.
* The last activity is a page that has a large Mayflower on it. The kids are asked to identify 4 details from the story and write or draw them in the sails of the Mayflower.
This unit is designed to have activities to last one week. It focuses on informational text and is aligned to the Common Core Standards.