Your students will love this heartfelt book by Dave Horowitz. Students will cherish the message that this book has to offer. Everyone has a “place” and needs to find where they “fit in”. This is a book that students can easily make connections with and understand the main character’s feelings. It is a great book to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!
1. Character’s feelings
2. Illustrate the story setting.
3. Connect the pumpkins in the pumpkin patch. (genre, author’s purpose, character trait, main idea, main character and minor character, rhyme, text connection.)
4. Complete a story map of story elements.
5. The Ugly Pumpkin sequencing book with cover page and 6 events to sequence and illustrate from the story. (Place in order, illustrate pages, and staple into a book.)
6. Friendly letter of advice to a minor character about how to treat others.
Have fun this Thanksgiving and offer your students some words of wisdom to be thankful for.