Thanksgiving Unit (Kindergarten Literacy and Math)
Blend the theme of Thanksgiving with math and literacy activity fun.
This product contains :
- 5 mornings of morning work. Students can review past skills in combination with the theme.
- 3 literacy worksheets that focus on initial sounds.
- Write the room activity that includes cards to display through out the room and a sheet to match words and record them.
- Spin the Turkey is a literacy center that has children work with word families and initial sounds. The student will spin of the initial sound and then record it on a recording sheet. They also can use the words with the Turkey Spin work sheet as they write a senentece using the word then illustrate it. Each box contains a picture to guide the drawing.
- Roll and Write thanksgiving words. In this center students will roll the die. When the student rolls a number they will then write it on the dry erase sheet. To extend the activity there is a a Roll and Write sight word book where they can rainbow write the word or record the word in pencil then illustrate.
- 2 math worksheets that focus on number sense and math sentences.
- Math centers: more or less, number sense pumpkins, number sense and math sentence turkey fans.
- Turkey Fans center comes with a sheet for student to record their matches. This extends the activity as well as provides support for writing number sentences.
- Disguise a Turkey (take home activity ) If I were at the First Thanksgiving writing prompt and stencil. Students will create there own pilgrim or native American to go with writing prompt. Native American bracelets. Students will use beads to represent number sentences.
- Then and now pocket chart activity.
For new products and more information on products follow along at TPT and Instagram @savedbytheteacingbell
Enjoy and Happy Teaching