Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- Vocabulary Curriculum Bundle: 12 months of Jargon Journal vocabulary curriculum!Jargon Journal is a weekly vocabulary program tied to picture books. This BUNDLE is for the following vocabulary curriculum sets. See each set's listing to see what books are included.August Bundle (Back to School)Septem$49.95$99.55Save $49.60
Snag a month’s worth of meaningful seasonal activities to use in your 1st-3rd grade classroom! These vocabulary activities use Thanksgiving picture books to teach tier 2 vocabulary words in an engaging way! This impactful routine will help your students master new vocabulary words each week while enjoying seasonal read-aloud books.
This Thanksgiving Vocabulary Activities Bundle includes these 4 weekly vocabulary units:
- A Plump and Perky Turkey by Teresa Bateman
- Over the River and Through the Wood by Lydia Maria Child
- Turk and Runt by Liz Wheeler
- A Turkey for Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting
Each week, students are introduced to 4 new vocabulary words in the weekly read-aloud book. Throughout each week students practice the 4 weekly vocabulary words in a variety of ways and record their thinking in an interactive journal. A brief assessment can be done at the end of the week to see how well students have retained the new vocabulary words.
Note: While these units complement the mentioned picture books, they do not provide the text and the books are not required for utilizing the materials.
You’ll love how easy this routine is to implement and your students will amaze you with how well they learn and retain new vocabulary words each week!
Each unit includes:
- Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
- Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
- Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
- Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
- Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)
- Vocabulary cards with photo support
- Interactive review PowerPoint
➜ Download the preview to see more of what’s included with each book unit!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
L.1.4, L.1.5, L.1.6
L.2.4, L.2.5, L.2.6
L.3.4, L.3.5, L.3.6
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Oh holy cow!!! These are AMAZING! You can be sure I will be ordering whatever you create for the Jargon Journal. I have done vocabulary journals for a couple of years but I get bored and then they fall by the wayside. Not with these!! Tied to picture books we have and love? BRILLIANT! Can't wait to get started! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”- Traci C.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Love Jargon Journals! My students are noticing past jargon journal words in their reading. Their thumbs go up when I read one, and all their heads turn to find it on our Jargon Journal wall. They are using them in their writing as well.” - Pamela B.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I love that you have the research to back up your product. Keep up the good work!” - Theresa B.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I started with a couple of Jargon Journals, and found it such a great way to bring vocabulary into the classroom that I decided to get the Thanksgiving Pack, and glad that I did. The kids have enjoyed each and every story and love finding the vocabulary words both in these stories and in their own reading.” - Trulie H.
Bundle & Save!
Purchase the Jargon Journal Year Long Bundle to get this resource as part of our year-long vocabulary bundle.
You may also like…
Copyright © Second Story Window
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.