This is a fun Thanksgiving Freebie for you to use with your students. It will not only help kids think critically about what they are thankful for and WHY, but it gives them a chance to write and apply grade level skills. All while accessing that gratitude mindset that we all need right now.
You are free to use this template how you see fit with your students. Here is how I used it:
This writing template has six spaces, so I broke it down like this:
- Who is a person that you are thankful for?
- Where is one place you are thankful for?
- What is one thing you are thankful for?
- Name an event in your life you are thankful for.
- Share something about yourself that you are thankful for (either your physical appearance or a quality).
- Your choice! Most wanted to choose a second person they were thankful for.
For each section, they had to write the REASON they are thankful for that thing. Example: for the person category, instead of writing "I am thankful for my dad," they had to write "My dad plays with me at the park.”
I hope you and your students enjoy this writing freebie.