PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Use these writing prompts for a variety of purposes during the Thanksgiving season. Students get practice writing while also getting time to reflect during this time of year.
This 33 page packet offers many different writing prompts, poems, posters, journals, and stories. Each one has matching papers that can be printed and students can write their piece on the cute papers!
You can use these in a variety of ways in your classroom. This is something that can be done at stations, writing workshop, as a supplementary activity, after students finish testing, or in a variety of other ways.
Be sure to check out my other Thanksgiving product!
Here is what you receive with your purchase!
-I am Thankful Writing assignment (3 different paragraph options)
-Letter writing assignment-Thank someone in your life (2 options)
- Thankful and Thanksgiving acrostic poems (3 options)
- Turkey Talk-Write a story as a turkey who wants to change the
main course of thanksgiving dinner (2 differentiated options with
- Pumpkin Town story-write a story about a town that is all made of
pumpkins! Prompt and matching papers (2 differentiated options)
- Missing Turkey story-write a story about a farmer with a missing
turkey with lots of clues that the turkey is hiding from
- Missing Turkey poster with 3 differentiated options
- Write a journal as a pilgrim on the Mayflower with matching
- Write a story as a pilgrim on the Mayflower with matching papers
- A Stranger’s Arrival-Journal prompt as a Native American who
witnesses the pilgrims arrival in America with matching papers
- Write a journal as one of the participants of the first Thanksgiving
with matching papers
Please contact me with any questions or if you would like anything tweaked or edited.
Thank you for checking out my product and Happy Thanksgiving!