This is the perfect Thanksgiving writing and art activity! After reading a silly story about Thanksgiving turkeys, your students will BECOME the Thanksgiving turkey!! This is perfect for teaching about point of view/perspective.
Pages 3 - 4: Lesson Ideas
– Introducing paragraph writing, suggested read-aloud, and pre-writing activity ideas.
Pages 5 – 10: Rough Draft Templates
- The next six pages include planning templates in different formats and using different language. Hopefully one or more will suit the needs of your classroom.
Pages 11 – 13: Editing/Proofreading Templates
- You will find three pages of editing/proofreading ideas that are once again presented with varying language to suit students of different age levels and writing abilities.
Pages 14 – 15: Decorative Final-Draft Writing Paper
- Two pages with varied spacing for writers at different levels.
Pages 16 – 18: Turkey Art Activity Instructions & Template
– Tips for creating the turkey craft are included!
Appropriate for celebrating both American and Canadian Thanksgivings!
More Great Seasonal Resources:
No-Prep October Writing and Word Work Package
No-Prep November Writing and Word Work Package
Happy Thanksgiving Attendance for SMART Board
More Great Writing Resources:
Monthly No-Prep Writing & Word Work Resources
Writing Prompts: 80+ QR Code Prompts to Motivate Young Writers
Expanding Sentences - "Writing Creatively" Package for the SMART Board
Paragraph Writing Graphic Organizers - DIFFERENTIATED - With Rubric & Next Steps
The Secret Knowledge of Elementary Students ~ Confidential Notes
Writing Process Monitoring Chart Rainbow
Don't Miss Out:
Leave feedback on this item to earn credit toward future TpT purchases!
I value your feedback greatly! It gives me the information I need to continue creating high-quality products for your classroom!
Be the first to know about my new products and freebies!
Look for the green star
near my store name and click it to become a follower
You will receive customized e-mail updates about my store!
Feel free to e-mail me with any questions about this product at: firstname.lastname@example.org,
and connect with me for classroom ideas & resources, freebies, and more product details at any or all of the links below!
Mrs. Beattie's Classroom