Have some fun with onomatopoeia words, synonyms,Common Core aligned Narrative, Fiction, Compare and contrast, Friendly Letter, and ELL Writing!
This Packet includes:
1. Compare and Contrast Sheet for Run, Turkey, Run and Turkey Trouble.
2. Onomatopoeia Words
3. Idioms and their meaning
4. Food Cards for Spelling Word Bank and Thanksgiving Word Bank cards
5. "Instead of SAID" Poster
6. Fill in the blank writing for ELL
7. Prewrite four square graphic organizers and publishing pages for the following types of writing:
Fiction Story - Common Core aligned: Where, when, who and Character/Setting/Plot (Also picture prewrite for ELL)
Personal Narrative - Common Core aligned: How, why, where, who what about Thanksgiving
How to Writing - How to make a yummy treat (I didn't include a lesson plan for this because I thought teachers would want to choose their own treat to make.
Thanksgiving Friendly Letter
8. Five Fun Centers and Games for a Thanksgiving Class Party