Also included in
- This fun little Thanksgiving bundle has three fun activities and games for younger children. The yoga pose cards are great for the whole class and even an option for a writing/drawing activity if you choose (see description). Yoga is a nice break with some physical activity and makes for a good tran$3.60$4.50Save $0.90
- TO PARENTS: If you are homeschooling with your children, this really is a must-have resource. It contains ALL of our yoga and movement cards for preschoolers and young readers. Yoga is a wonderful activity for young children (see benefits below) and its something the whole family can do together --$118.00$178.50Save $60.50
- FOR TEACHERS: This resource is perfect for an interactive distance learning activity, but also works wonderfully in the classroom. Kids have really enjoyed doing yoga with their teachers while at home and at school. Parents can participate too when doing distance learning!!!!For Parents: These yoga$71.40$102.00Save $30.60
What are you thankful for?
These Thanksgiving pose cards are a wonderful way to engage children for a lesson on what it means to be thankful and what exactly we are thankful for. This set is a little different from my usual sets of cards just because it focuses only on the concept of Thanksgiving. The poses in this deck are general ideas of things the children might be thankful for. This resource does NOT have anything regarding the history of Thanksgiving. This is more of a supplement to your Thanksgiving lesson plans and is fun for the children. It gets them up and moving for a little break with some physical activity -- especially if the weather isn't cooperating! This resource also includes a couple of partner poses which is great for communication and social skills, working together and making new friends.
I like these pose cards because you can also incorporate another activity with it -- have a writing/drawing activity. You can either have students write about something they are thankful for, or draw it if they are younger. You can even have them make up their own "poses" or representations for things they are thankful for and then they have to act them out for the class to guess (charades).
You can also have children make up their own poses and yoga pose sequences using the 4 blank cards provided at the end of the pose card deck. These cards can also be used for you to add your activities or notes to go with this lesson plan.
This set includes:
1 cover card
1 card lists and explains the components of Yogalore classes
2 cards on how to use the cards
2 cards separating sections: Beginning Breaths, Moving & Grooving
4 blank cards to add poses or activities
13 actual pose cards (Beginning Breaths, Moving & Grooving)
2 cards Rest & Relax
24 cards total, printed on 6 pages (on 8.5 x 11" paper)
Other Suggestions for Use:
1. For physical activity on a rainy or inclement day
2. As a break between tests or focused activity
3. As a focusing activity prior to testing
4. Time filler between activities
5. A lesson plan for a substitute
6. A "just in case" activity to have on hand
7. For a class-motivating activity; end-of-the-day activity
9. For a more one-on-one activity, in a therapeutic setting
10. As a family activity to do at home
Ways To Organize:
*Keep them uncut and put in sheet protectors (this is what I do -- I print 16 on a page and use them at-a-glance during my classes, but I also have a set to use with the children)
*Cut and store in a recipe-type storage box
*Cut and keep on a ring for easy access and usage
*Cut and laminate for durability
*You can also download to your tablet/mobile device to always have on hand in addition to/instead of printing.
Yoga has so many benefits, including but not limited to:
*Relaxes and alleviates stress
*Builds self-confidence and self-esteem
*Increases physical activity
*Builds strength, balance, and coordination
*Increases ability to focus
*Increases body awareness and overall muscle tone
Studies have shown that teaching during movement helps strengthen learning, improve memory and retrieval of information and increase motivation and morale!!!!
*****Printing Tips & Options*******
Each card is approximately 3.75"W x 4.75"H in size (designed for 4 cards fit on a standard 8.5" x 11" piece of paper). If you want to print more than one card on a page, you MUST change your printer settings.
You can print more on a page for smaller cards (drop down menu in "More settings" where it says "Pages per sheet") and it will give you other options for how many cards you would like on a sheet.
Thank you for visiting my listing!
If you have a question, please contact me -- I'm happy to answer any questions or clarify something.
Farmers' Market/Gardening/Vendor Dramatic Play
Spring Theme Yoga & Movement Cards
The Grouchy Ladybug: Yoga & Movement Cards
Bug/Insect Theme: Yoga Pose Cards, Lesson Plan, Activity Sheets & More BUNDLE
Safari Theme: Yoga Pose Cards, Lesson Plan, Posters & More BUNDLE
Be sure to visit my blog yogaloreandmore.com for ideas, activities, yoga for kids, and more! Visit me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!
Copyright © 2020 Yogalore, LLC. All rights reserved by the author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute. Copying ANY part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act