Spark up your students’ holiday reading with these two close reading products for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. This is a ready to print resource with STEM projects and a free bonus product.
This resource includes engaging close reading passages for both Thanksgiving and Christmas including text-based questions and answer keys. Each product contains one fiction reading and additional nonfiction readings related to Thanksgiving or Christmas.
The Thanksgiving package includes:
· Four nonfiction reading comprehension passages
· A STEM project for another Turkey day activity
· One fictional passage which looks at the Pilgrim’s arrival and interaction with the Native Americans from a chipmunk’s point of view.
· Each passage comes with a set of text passed or open-ended questions with answer keys
The Christmas package includes:
· A fun, engaging high interest fiction passage dealing with an ugly Christmas tree, and how tow small children change its life.
· two non-fiction writings designed to not only inform, but give students practice in identifying key details and finding evidence in the text to support their answers.
· An 11 slide PowerPoint presentation for a STEAM project to design and build a 3D standing Christmas tree
· A set of text-based questions with answer keys for each passage.
The Free Bonus Package includes:
The Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt and Maze package includes two fun holiday activities that also encourage critical thinking and teach interesting Thanksgiving Trivia.
This packet consists of:
· Thanksgiving Maze
· Twenty Scavenger Hunt slides to be hidden
· Scavenger Hunt student question sheet
· Scavenger hunt answer sheet