Thanksgiving is coming! Incorporate history and fun facts about this American holiday into your reading or language lessons (or speech/language therapy sessions!) For nonreaders, this can be used as a great listening comprehension activity!
Includes 22 short passages discussing all aspects of Thanksgiving along with 1-3 corresponding critical thinking questions per passage.
Questions require students to use skills ranging from simple recall, comparing, contrasting and making personal connections to deciphering vocabulary in context, drawing conclusions, giving opinions, and justifying responses with evidence. A whole range of critical thinking skills can be applied!
- a writing prompt so students can respond to read material in writing
- a VENN diagram so students can compare and contrast traditions
- a Thanksgiving game board for use with any game pieces and dice/spinner or the make-your-own-paper die included.
*There are multiple uses for this product (with instructions included)
*Can be used with individual students, for partner reading, or for group discussion.
* The cards with the reading passages can also be used to play a card game or used along with the Thanksgiving board game.
* For non readers, an adult should read the cards and the students can respond.
Just print, (laminate if you wish), cut and play! The board games can be affixed to a manilla folder or slightly overlapped and taped together (on the back).
For more, follow me at my blog!
Thanks for stopping by!