Yay, family, friends, good fun, and food!!! I just love Thanksgiving with the turkey and all the trimmings! This unit has the turkey and trimmings too! It includes 18 activities to do with your students while reading informational text, writing informationally and descriptively, graphing mathematically, and ART (My FAV!!) Check out the table of contents below and the turkey can/have/are in the preview!
Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!
Table of Content:
1. Mayflower the Ship cut, glue, label. and writing activity: How many
days were they on the ship?
2. Mayflower Suitcase art and writing activity: What would you bring
on the Mayflower
3. Pilgrims art, writing, cut, and glue activity: What was it like to be a
4. Squanto art, writing, cut, and glue activity: Who is Squanto? and
Write a letter to Squanto (thanking him for all he did for the
5. Thanksgiving Now and Then: Venn Diagram comparison, art, and
6. Turkey: Feathers and a Turkey in Disguise (Parent Involvement
7. Thankfulness: What are you thankful for? (art and writing activity)
8. Turkey Informational Writing with can/have/are printables
9. Turkey Descriptive Writing with looks/tastes/smells printables
10. Turkey Informational reader for students
11. Turkey Vocabulary Cards (21 terms)
12. Pilgrim and Indians Informational reader for students
13. Pilgrim and Indians Vocabulary Cards ( 16 cards)
14. Directions for making pilgrim (boys/girls) and Indian hats
15. Graphing: Would you take a trip on the Mayflower?
16. Graphing: Would you be a Pilgrim of an Indian?
17. Graphing: Do you like turkey?
18. After Thanksgiving writing activity and art