This pack contains a fun craft for children to do to help them practice their /r/ sounds and /r/ blends in single words. The following sounds are included:
* /r/ - word initial- 12 words (page 5)
* Intervocalic /r/ - word medial- 12 words (page 6)
* Medial and final ‘ar’- 12 words total (page 7)
* Medial and final ‘er’- 12 words total (page 8)
* Medial and final ‘air’- 12 words total (page 9)
* Initial, medial and final ‘ire’- 12 words total (page 10)
* Medial and final ‘ear’- 12 words total (page 11)
* Medial and final ‘or’-12 words total (page 12)
* Word initial /r/ blends- br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr- 12 words each sound (page 13-19)
There are two turkeys provided and each turkey can fit 6 feathers around it!
These are great for Speech and Language Therapy sessions in the run up to Thanksgiving and Christmas! and
because they're no prep, they're great to be sent home as Speech and Language homework too!
First time buying? Please note this pack is also available in our Money Saving Bundle, which you can purchase here.
Turkey Articulation Craft Bundle.
* 2 turkey shapes to be cut out.
* Word lists in the shape of feathers for /r/ and /r/ blends.
This pack is all no prep! Just print and go!!
Get students to practice their sounds and color in each feather as they do. Then, they can cut out the feathers and stick them onto the back of the turkey with the words facing forwards, (there has been a space left on each feather at the bottom for glue). Each turkey can fit 6 feathers around it, so you can make two turkeys per sound, per position. When finished it should look like the turkey on the front cover of this pack! Students can then say their words again, while they color the rest of the turkey!