The most exciting way to teach idioms/figurative language! This is a fun and upbeat music video lesson that teaches students what idioms are, and how and why they are used.
In addition to access to the streaming video through TPT, your purchase includes the following:
• Full-length HD Music Video Download
Download the full video so you can play it even without internet access.
• High-quality MP3 Song Download
Download the song and play it on any device.
• Printable Common Core Standard Poster
Display the Common Core standard associated with this lesson (ELA-RL.3.4)
• Printable Idiom Definition Poster
Display the definition of "idiom" for your students' reference.
• Printable Exit Ticket Assessment Sheet
Check your students' understanding of the lesson with this "ticket out the door."
• Printable Idiom Match Game Cards
Play a fun match game, matching the idioms from the song with their meanings.
• Printable Idiom Worksheet
Quick worksheet for students to complete, based on the music video.
• Printable "That's An Idiom" Lyric Sheet
Print the lyrics to help students sing along.
• Printable List of Idiom Examples From Video
For your reference.
Your students will LOVE learning about idioms this way! Music is a very powerful tool for committing information to memory. This video takes advantage of that, while also getting students excited and enthusiastic about learning. Students in classrooms that have used this video request to watch it again and again. There is no better way to teach anything than to make it fun!