Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the book, That’s What Leprechauns Do by Eve Bunting, along with this literature unit for fun literacy, language and listening follow-up activities. The book tells the story of the mischievous journey of three leprechauns who must put a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The book is not included with this unit, but is available at Amazon or other online book retailers. This literature unit includes six activities including:
1. Sequencing and Retelling- Sequence picture cards and retell the story
2. Comprehension Questions
3. The Leprechauns’ Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Synonym Match-up- Match synonyms for vocabulary words found in the text
5. Absurdities- Listen to the absurdities about the story, correct and repeat
6. Comprehension worksheet with an excerpt from the book
Your students LOVE this cute story and also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!