This fun story of leprechaun mischief is the perfect addition to St. Patrick’s Day fun! This 45 page book response journal includes graphic organizers, constructed response writing, vocabulary, and story elements that include:
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
During Reading Activities:
- Important story events
-13 specific comprehension questions
After Reading Activities:
- Character analysis – proof from text
- Compare and contrast character and YOU
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to author
- Main Idea
- 4 Reader's response writing prompts / text to self
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- Vocabulary cards plus ABC order of vocab. words
- Beginning, Middle End
- Adjective find
- Important Nouns
- Diary of A Leprechaun: putting yourself in the characters place to retell the story (5 page Journal)
Can be used in large, small and individual settings. Pages can be used individually or as a packet. Also useful for assessment.
Thank you for considering this work!