In this fun Duck Dynasty Themed activity, students will sort out and categorize the statements as either fact or fiction. If the card contains a fact, students will place it under the "Hey, That's a Fact, Jack!" (-Si) column. If the statement is false, students will place it under the "Let Me Put This in Spanish for You, No!" (-Jase) column.
Multiple versions have been included so that the teacher has some flexibility on how to incorporate it into his/her class. Students can cut out and sort the cards on their own (this method allows them to glue the cards into an interactive science notebook) or students can shade the boxes that contain fictitious statements. A third option would be to have the teacher cut out and laminate the cards ahead of time and use them from year to year. With this option, a student answer sheet is provided for students to record their answers on.
* Absolute & apparent magnitude
* Definition/composition/basic facts about stars
* How the mass of a star affects how long the star will last
* Our Sun (basic facts and how it compares to other stars)
* H-R Diagram
* constellation (basic facts/definition)
* galaxies (types and facts about each)