Did you know that 5th graders celebrate their 1,000th day of school? This bundle includes everything you need to celebrate this special day!
1) – For this project, students research charities, create charity posters, vote on a charity, then raise 1,000 dimes ($100) to donate to that charity. This download includes a parent letter, printables that will help research, a poster planning sheet, poster checklists for teacher and students, and 4 different graphs.
2) – Just like the game you played as a kid, in this game students compete for a spoon, except in this game, students don’t make 4 of a kind, but try to collect 4 cards that go together to make 1,000.
3) – In this game, students play with number patters such as 100 more/less and 10 more/less to move around a game board made of multiples of 10. The first student that makes it all the way to 1,000 wins.
4) – Just like the game “War” in this game a pair of students play by putting down two cards and the card with the greater value wins and the student takes both cards. However, with this game, students play with numbers between 1 and 1,000 represented as numbers, models, and expanded notation.
6) – In this escape room students use math skills, along with problem solving skills to solve 6 tasks that use numbers between 1 and 1,000. While task 6 must be solved last, the other 5 tasks can be solved in any order.
7) – This includes letters and accents and a student printable to create a board decorated with things you’ve told them 1,000 times. This gets pretty funny!!
8) – Use these accents to create a frame for students to take their picture with on the 1,000th day of school.
9) – Use these accents along with maybe some crepe paper and streamers to create a doorway to welcome and excite the students on the 1,000th day.
"This was an awesome resource and we had so much fun. We will definitely be celebrating the 1,000 day with 5th grade every year!" - Tanna S.
"One of my favorite days of the year thanks to this resource!" - Allie M.
"Well worth it!" - Kara C.