Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
You can purchase my entire U.S. History course which includes all of my power points, guided notes, assignments, quizzes, and unit tests here: U.S. History Complete Course
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 106 slide presentation that goes over the founding of the original 13 colonies (I covered Jamestown in my Contact and Colonization Bundle).The power point has pictures and videos scattered throughout that I edited together. If you have any questions about what I have included by all means send me an email and I will get back to you
- Three days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - The Pilgrims and New England
- Plymouth, Massachusetts Bay, and conflict in the colonies
Day 2 - Witchcraft, the Slave Trade, and More Colonies
- The Salem witchcraft trials, Bacon's Rebellion, the slave trade, Carolinas, New York, and Pennsylvania
Day 3 - The French and Indian War
-Outbreak and territory claimed by England
In addition to the notes, you will receive these other assignments that can be used for in class activities or homework assignments:
- Warm-ups that you can give at the start of class
- Salem Witchcraft article with questions
- Founding the Colonies Research Questions with hyperlinks built in.
Thank you very much for considering this product. Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes: