Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
You can purchase my entire U.S. History course which includes all of my power points, guided notes, assignments, quizzes, and unit tests here: U.S. History Complete Course
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and lots of video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework assignments.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 129 slide presentation about the Roaring Twenties. I have also included an extensive amount of pictures and video clips related to the decade that I have edited together. These are great visual examples that go along with the material and you can pick and choose what you like.
- Three days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - The Red Scare and Model T's
- this covers the first Red Scare, Sacco and Vanzetti, and the Ford assembly lines.
Day 2 - Prohibition and Lindbergh
- The reasoning behind the 18th amendment and the hopeless task of enforcing it. The end of the notes covers Charles Lindbergh's trans-atlantic flight
Day 3 - 1920s Culture
- this covers prohibition gangsters, the Scopes Monkey Trial, and Jazz music
In addition to the notes you will also get these documents which can be used for assignments, notebook checks, or assessments
- 1920s Web Quest - Hyperlinks built in that covers the major events and trends of 1920s culture
- Prohibition reading w/ questions - reasoning and passage of the 18th amendment and the utter failure of trying to enforce it.
- Scopes Monkey Trial reading with questions - Teaching evolution in schools and the controversy of big city vs small town values.
- 1920s quiz w/ key - for this the students will only need to study the notes to be prepared. The quiz is 5 multiple choice questions, 5 fill-in-the blank, 5 true/false, and 5 definitions
Thank you very much for considering this product! Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes: