This visually stimulating presentation provides a detailed account of the 1960's Counterculture Revolution in America. . The slides are filled with colorful pictures and other relevant information that will breathe life into this fascinating era of American history while providing a platform in which to build additional related activities. If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help!
* Detailed description of the origins of the counterculture.
* Activism begins on college campuses; the origins and ideas of the New Left; Students for a Democratic Society (SDS); the free speech movement; hippies & yippies.
* The 1960's generation gap; counterculture drug use.
* New music gives a voice to the counterculture; Bob Dylan's impact on the counterculture, Beatlemania, and the out-flowing of creative talent that followed.
* San Francisco, California becomes the epicenter of the counterculture revolution & the Summer of Love.
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.