You can purchase my entire U.S. History course here: U.S. History Complete Course
This is a google drive download purchase. Once you buy the product click on the link I provide you and download all the material from my google drive. The link will be available to you for 30 days so it is recommended that you download all of the materials from the folder. I have embedded all of the videos in the power point except for the one's about the Presidents.
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and lots of video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework assignments.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 1.23GB 243 slide presentation about the 1960s. I have also included an extensive amount of pictures and video clips related to the decade that I have edited together. These are great visual examples that go along with the material.
- Four days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - John F. Kennedy and Trouble in Cuba
- The 1960 election and the role television played, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and how they averted WWIII
Day 2 - The Kennedy Assassination, the Civil Rights Act, and Malcolm X
- Lee Harvey Oswald, the Warren Commission, the "I have a dream" speech, and "By any means necessary"
Day 3 - Black Power, the Great Society, and Vietnam Begins
-Stoakley Carmichael, the black panthers, programs of the Great Society, Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, and Operation Rolling Thunder
Day 4 - The Tet Offensive, Moon Landing, and Woodstock (this includes music from the era)
- The public begins to turn on Vietnam, Apollo 11, and the Woodstock festival
- Vietnam Summary Handout with questions
- 1964 Louisiana literacy test
- 1960s quiz key included
Thank you very much for considering this product! Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes:
Contact and Colonization Bundle
The 13 Colonies Bundle
American Revolution Bundle
George Washington-James Madison Bundle
The Antebellum Period Bundle
The Civil War Bundle
Reconstruction Bundle (FREE)
The West, Immigration, and Invention Bundle
U.S. Imperialism and Progressive Era Bundle
World War I Bundle
1930s Great Depression/New Deal Bundle
World War II Bundle
The Start of the Cold War and 1950s Bundle