Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
You can purchase my entire U.S. History course which includes all of my power points, guided notes, assignments, quizzes, and unit tests here: U.S. History Complete Course
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and lots of video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework assignments.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 143 slide presentation about the 1980s. I have also included an extensive amount of pictures and video clips related to the decade that I have edited together. These are great visual examples that go along with the material and you can pick and choose what you like.
- Three days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - Ronald Reagan becomes President
- covers the election of Reagan, assassination attempt, U.S. military in Grenada, and Sandra Day O'Connor
Day 2 - Iran-Contra and George H.W. Bush
- Jesse Jackson, the Iran-Contra affair, Reagan and Soviet arms reductions, and the 1988 election
Day 3 - The end of the Cold War and 1980s culture
- this covers the collapse of the Soviet Union/fall of Berlin Wall, HIV/AIDS epidemic, and 1980s culture. The culture section includes music and video from the eras biggest rock, rap, hair-metal, and teen-pop acts.
In addition to the notes you will also get these documents which can be used for assignments, notebook checks, or assessments
- 1980s reading w/ questions - this can be used for an in-class or homework assignment
- 1980s quiz w/ key - for this the students will only need to study the notes to be prepared. The quiz is 5 multiple choice questions, 5 fill-in-the blank, 5 true/false, and 5 definitions
Thank you very much for considering this product! Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes: