This set of 7 printer paper sized posters can be printed in color and arranged horizontally and laminated to create a banner style poster for over the board, vertically to create a poster for the door or other small space, or arranged individually. Use as visual prompts to help students use The 6 Vocabulary Cheats independently throughout the school year! Great for every subject area!
The 6 Vocabulary Cheats include:
1. Word Parts
3. Context Clues
4. Multiple Meaning Words
5. Word Relationships
6. Analyzing Words and Phrases
These posters work as reminders of The 6 Vocabulary Cheats that align to each of the CCSS Language and Vocabulary Standards. Also see The 6 Vocabulary Cheats Student Handout and Vocabulary Strategy lessons!
Common Core Standards
4. Interpret words and phrases as they are used in a text, including determining technical, connotative, and figurative meanings, and analyze how specific word choices shape meaning or tone.
Vocabulary acquisition and Use
4. Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases by using context clues, analyzing meaningful word parts, and consulting general and specialized reference materials, as appropriate.
5. Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
6. Acquire and use accurately a range of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases sufficient for reading, writing, speaking, and listening at the college and career readiness level; demonstrate independence in gathering vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.