This bundle will save you more than 75 hours of labor and provide you with 9 weeks worth of material.
Creating quality curriculum takes an enormous amount of time and energy, and if there are two things teachers never seem to have enough of (besides money), it's time and energy.
I've done all the reading, writing, and research for you and have watched countless videos to find the gems that perfectly align with each chapter of the book.
I continuously add to this bundle, and you will have free access to future materials.
I've used Sean Covey's book The 7 Habits in my classroom for years, and my high school students - from every demographic and grade - absolutely love it.
Covey's wisdom can have a profound impact on students if they take the time to genuinely reflect on his teachings. This companion curriculum is designed to foster thoughtful introspection, critical thinking, and authentic social-emotional growth.
♥ IN ADDITION TO WELL-CRAFTED COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS/JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR EACH CHAPTER, YOU'LL RECEIVE:
* VIDEO LIST (Ted Talks, etc): 33 suggested short videos (including links and summaries) to complement each chapter in Covey’s book. I typically front-load each chapter with a video and then show them intermittently as they are reading through each section. The videos help with comprehension by reinforcing the concepts within the book, and they help to keep students interested and engaged with the text.
* Pre and post assessment on core concepts addressed in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
* 30 DOL paragraphs ("daily oral language": grammar and punctuation exercises) that align with Covey's 7 Habits (includes highlighted teacher key)
* Handout: "What the Heck is a Clause?" includes definitions & color-coded examples of ICs and DCs
* Reflective essay prompt
* 9 paragraph exemplar reflective essay
* Reflective essay rubric
* Two essay skeleton guides to support emerging writers who may struggle with structure and coherence. The first guide provides minimal support, while the second is ideal for those in need of more explicit writing examples
* Mini Lesson: Comprehension questions for Jack Canfield's 60 minute You Tube Video entitled The Secret to Success (to complement Covey's 2nd habit: "Begin with the end in mind")
* Mini Lesson: Suggested Ted Talk aligned with Covey's teachings on paradigm and
5 page Article: "The Science of Happiness," which discusses the physiology behind emotions & how to manage/regulate one's own level of happiness
* Editable student checklist to reinforce the "habit of happiness"
* Mini Lesson: "Goal Setting Redefined" : Activity to complete after watching Ted Talk
* Mini Lesson: Summary assignment for Bart Baggett's Ted Talk: The Neuropathways to Happiness. Includes sample summary and summary rubric
* UNIT: Argumentative essay unit supplementary material including:
~ Suggested film prompt: Documentary style film: The Secret (available on NetFlix)
~ Film summary
~ Film comprehension questions
~ Argumentative essay structure guide
~ Exemplar argumentative essay
~ Argumentative essay rubric
* Presentation assignment and rubric
* Unit Outline Identifying Unit Cornerstones Including:
long term transfer goals
21st Century skills
breakdown of text alignment with common core skills
* 110 pages of material
* Free future access to additional materials as they are added to this bundle
* At present, this bundle does NOT include detailed daily lesson plans, but there is enough material to easily guide you through at least 9 weeks of instruction in a traditional 90 minute class. My daily structure is typically as follows:
1. Birdseed (whole group discussion and independent writing reflection on quote related to unit)
2. DOL (whole group exercise-"daily oral language" grammar & mechanics mini-lesson)
3. Video followed by small or whole group discussion (Ted Talk related to subject matter)
4. Independent reading (daily assigned reading)
5. Independent writing reflection (with chapter comprehension questions)
♥ ♥ ♥ BONUS OFFER ♥ ♥♥
Once this bundle is downloaded, you will be directed to receive you FREE eBook: Birdseed: A Guide to Teaching Emotional Intelligence in the Primary & Secondary Classroom: Daily Activity to Foster Social-Emotional Development & Personal Growth.
Birdseed is endorsed by The Colorado Department of Education, by positive psychology guru and best-selling NY Times author Shawn Achor, and by psychologists, teachers, and students worldwide.
Inside, you'll find a collection of THE BEST 365 inspirational quotes, (organized by theme for quick reference) along with a novel way to use them on a daily basis in any classroom to foster character development. This is an activity (referred to as "Birdseed") every secondary teacher can use to create an environment conducive to authentic learning (Have a closer peek at Birdseed in my store.).
This 7 Habits bundle is shared as a Word document so you can alter font or content as you wish.
Thanks for shopping with me!
I sincerely want you to be 100% happy with your purchase or I will work to make it so. If you want alterations made or would like me to add something to this bundle, let me know! I'm open to ideas and will be adding to this package. (You will receive emails notifying you when I've added to the bundle, and you can download it again for free.)
Please feel free to email me with questions, concerns, or feedback. Contact me here under the "Ask a Question" tab on my store front.
KEY WORDS: Health, Self-esteem, decision making, confidence building, social skills, life-skills, emotional intelligence, social-emotional domain, middle school, high school, inspirational writing, 7 Habits unit plan, 7 Habits lesson plans, PSHE, Health writing assignment, 7 habits of highly effective people, bundle resources, Essay Prompts, mini-lessons, Health Curriculum, Health Unit,