Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
A Thanksgiving alphabet book, a writing resource. This resource is designed for your class to share Thanksgiving reading material and select salient vocabulary words from the reading. Students then use the vocabulary words in sentences or paragraphs to demonstrate an understanding of the vocabulary. Students are encouraged to use information from stories read as well as personal experiences.
Included in this resource:
-Two alphabet books. Each page has a letter, a graphic, and a space to write a comment. One book is in color and one book is in black and white--with only the cover in color.
-A blank alphabet chart to reproduce for students. Students list vocabulary words as they identify them in their class discussions or reading.
-A completed alphabet chart with possible vocabulary words listed. (For the teacher)
-Notes and directions.
NOT INCLUDED in this resource:
Text or stories of any kind are NOT included. The teacher must choose and obtain (by purchasing or borrowing) the reading materials for the class.
General Goals of Alphabet Books
Alphabet books are a great concluding activity because they require kids to do the following and more:
1. Discuss new vocabulary words.
2. List salient terms when they are found.
3. Recall facts about the terms listed.
4. Write a sentence or paragraph using the chosen vocabulary word appropriately.
5. Do further research, if needed, to demonstrate a clear understanding of the topic.
6. Give students an opportunity to demonstrate knowledge of the concept.
7. Reinforce concepts learned during the unit.
8. Improve spatial skills while designing personal ABC books.
9. Work in cooperative groups sharing information and ideas. Have fun!
If you have any questions, please leave a message in the "Product Q and A" section before purchasing or leaving feedback. and I will help you.
***************************************************************************** Customer Tips:
Did you know that Teachers Pay Teachers gives TpT credits, saving $$$ on future purchases, when you purchase a product and leave feedback?
You get one TpT Credit for every $ you spend on TpT--but only when you leave a fair rating and a comment. TpT rounds up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 100 credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases, but there is no need to wait until you have 100 to redeem them. 50 credits is worth $2.50, for example. It’s a great deal and a great way to save $$$. It’s a win, win. You save money and I get feedback to help me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom. Then I can create more of what you need.
How to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. TpT will issue you credit and keep track of the credits you earn.
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will be the first to know about my product discounts, new product launches and freebies.