Use these activities as getting-to-know-you icebreakers for the beginning of the year. Students will complete activities that allow them to share some basic information about themselves, and learn more about their classmates, while engaging in movement and tactile experiences to help ease those back to school jitters! Have fun getting to know your new students!
File type: PDF
Page size: 8.5" x 11" (letter)
“About Me Bee”
- Hopes and dreams worksheet (A)
- Hopes and dreams worksheet (B)
- Assembly directions* (*you will need to procure black construction paper, googly eyes, and paper fasteners)
“Bee-utiful me!” Sheet to share some basic personal information.
“Busy Bees” A classmate scavenger hunt to help break the ice. Both pre-printed and blank versions included to allow for customization.
“Bee Bookmarks” A positive and useful item for students.
Ideas for Use:
- Use the “Bee-utiful Me!” sheet as a way for students to introduce themselves to the class by sharing some basic information.
- Use the “About Me Bee” as a fun, hands-on craft to get students thinking about and sharing their hopes and dreams for the year.
- Use the “Busy Bees” scavenger hunt as a way for students to move around the room, introduce themselves, and learn more about each other.
- Give each student a bee bookmark as a positive and practical item.
Clip art from: www.mycutegraphics.com