PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Middle school students discover the accuracy of ancient and modern time-telling devices.
This project is part of a bundle: Ancient Time Bundle.
Measuring time has continuously evolved throughout human society. Modern time-telling devices measure in its smallest unit, increasing its accuracy compared to ancient clocks of early civilizations.
This project aims to have students collect, analyze, compare and interpret data to understand the importance of accuracy in measuring time.
The resource includes:
· Independent Student Project Guide
· Comprehensive Guide for Data Collection, Analysis, and Interpretation
· Tabular and Graphical Diagrams for Organization
· Teacher Guide that includes tips and tricks for classroom management and activity presentation
· Great supplementary activity to complete the “Ancient Time Bundle “
Grade Level: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and homeschool
Duration: 2 Days (2 hours)
While this is a stand-alone project, it would be most engaging and ideal if students actually guild some of these devices before measuring their accuracy. If this sounds interesting to you, visit the “Ancient Time Bundle” you can find here! Students will perform art with pendulums and spirographs, they’ll measure time with sundials and water clocks, they’ll follow-up all their learning with a mathematical comparison.
About “The Project Shop” by the Mobile Montessorian
Project Shop projects are designed with middle school students in mind. They offer integrated, exciting topics for students to learn. The Student Guides provide independence so that students can be in charge of their learning while you are freed to manage your classroom, observe your student’s progress and interaction, provide intervention and even offer more challenges.
The Teacher Guides help you know how long a project should last, what might be necessary to prepare and gives you lesson suggestion on each topic. Everything is designed with four tenets in mind:
· Independence—greater self-efficacy through independently-driven tasks
· Meaningful Work—greater engagement through adult-like work
· Hands-on Experiences—greater understanding through integration of the hand and mind
· Wellbeing—reflection and care opportunities for the self, others, and the environment
Want to see more products? Ask questions? Be notified when new stuff comes out? Make sure to subscribe at the top and like this page!